The idea is simple... support local frontline workers including hospital clinicians, first responders and more who are working in wartime-like conditions by partnering with local restaurants who have been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your donation goes straight to local KC restaurants to purchase meals and help support these local staples that are struggling to keep their doors open. Those meals are delivered to workers on the frontline, providing nourishment as these heroes work long hours to keep our community safe and healthy.
$10 Feeds one worker
$50 Feeds a team of ~5
$100 Feeds a team of ~10
$500 Feeds a team of ~50
$1,000 Feeds a team of ~100
$5,000 Provides a weeks worth of meals for 50+ workers
Meet The Team
Spread the Love Online
Will my donation be tax-deductible?
Yes! World Central Kitchen is a registered 501(c)(3). They will collect donations on our behalf in an account specifically designated for Kansas City.
Does Frontline Foods keep any of my donations?
No. We are 100% volunteer-run.
Can I designate my donation to pay for a meal from a specific restaurant, or to benefit a specific Kansas City hospital or first responders department?
No. To be as efficient as possible, we aren’t able to do this. But we can assure you that your money is used to support local Kansas City restaurants and Kansas City frontline workers.
My company offers a gift match benefit. How do I make sure my matching funds go to Kansas City?
Matching gifts should be sent to World Central Kitchen and should reference “For credit to the Frontline Foods Kansas City account”. Please note that corporate matching dollars often take three or more months to pay out. This is a fast-moving situation—if corporate match dollars arrive after the COVID crisis has eased up, the funds will be used to support the national Frontline Foods network to prepare for future crisis response efforts.
How are restaurants selected to participate?
We've heard from many restaurants and catering businesses who are eager to help. Our goal is to work with as many of you as our funding allows. We strive to work with local restaurants in the same community as our hospital partners. We want to focus efforts in the community, and help restaurants get business while they’ve had to shut down all or part of their business.
We strive to work with local restaurants in the same community as our hospital partners. We want to focus efforts in the community, and help restaurants get business while they’ve had to shut down all or part of their business.
To best work with the program, we typically follow these guidelines:
· Need to be able to make 50 meals with each portion packaged separately (not family style). We want to make it as easy on the clinicians and hospitals as possible. Many are short on utensils, and may need these to be provided. With that all said, we are trying to minimize waste as much as possible so the hospitals don't get overrun.
· You'll need to have staff available to deliver to the hospital
· Each meal needs to cost around $10-$15 or under
· Each meal needs to serve a balance of diets (omnivore, veggie)
· Must be able to take electronic payment via an ACH deposit
· We generally prefer not to partner with national, corporate chains or franchises but instead work with individual restaurants, small restaurant groups, and local chains
If you are interested in volunteering, sponsoring or have a press inquiry, please reach out to our team directly at email@example.com.